Marketing is a process that is observed by all the companies since ages. Whether it is the promotion of an apple juice or the launch of an apple IPhone, companies use different creative marketing strategies to promote their products on a large scale. Earlier in Pakistan, Billboards and TV advertisements were a source of marketing and promoting new products. Even Sunday magazines were more about advertisements than content.
The invention of modern technology has made marketing easier on so many levels. Now, here a new term is introduced that is ‘Digital Marketing’. This term was unknown before 2016 but since 2016 the industry has been taken by storm by offering opportunities in Digital Marketing domain. In Pakistan, there is a scope for digital marketing and it has a future in this domain. The only thing that lacks here is the awareness regarding this domain.
Modern technology has created great impact in Pakistan as well. It’s been more than 20 years since the presence of Internet in Pakistan. Pakistan has moved from traditional to digital domain real fast. Gone are the days when people used to have limited information about the products. Due to fastest growth of digital technology, people have more access to the information. Now that’s called a revolution. People in Pakistan are more dependent on the information available on internet, hence they are going online in order to find information about new products and their reviews.
Social media is the key driver in the domain of digital marketing. Facebook, twitter and Instagram are crowded with enormous amount of information. Social media has gathered billions of audience over the years hence providing more opportunities for digital marketers.
Digital Media Marketing in Pakistan – Types
When you start a business, the most important phase is to figure out is the marketing strategy. You want catchy yet innovative idea for the marketing of your business. There are so many types of digital media marketing that it seems difficult to select the right one. Let’s just go through these different types and may be then you will be able to decide the right one for your business.
- The strongest type of digital marketing is the SEO (Search Engine Optimization). People use different methods for SEO in order to rank up their business in google search. So if you are planning to use this strategy, you need to hire an SEO expert that could help you out in ranking you higher in Google searches.
- Social media marketing is the key driver for digital marketing. People are literally engaged to their mobile screens 24/7. An enormous growth of social media over the years has brought revolution. It’s a new addiction for everyone. Marketers can use this platform smartly by engaging more audience through social media campaigns. These campaigns can involve promotional videos and banners with innovative content. Social media is one of the best strategies for your business. You can check out the statistics below in this article.
- If you are an Instagram user, you would have heard about bloggers and Influencers or maybe you are the one. The influencer industry has grown so much since a year and it is a billion dollar industry on Instagram currently. Influencer marketing is another digital marketing strategy nowadays. Businesses nowadays are involving influencers for their marketing campaign. These influencers are followed by thousands of people and that ensures engaging audiences on larger scale for your business promotion.
- Digital Public relations is an important factor for businesses who want to grow in the industry. A good media coverage sounds a great deal. In 2018, the digital PR couldn’t be ignored. You just have to figure out the media platforms that could help you in your promotions. It’s very important that your business promotions is viewed by the right audience.
- Content marketing is considered one of the strongest strategy of digital marketing. You need to have good content writing skills in order to engage more audiences. The content should be catchy so that it is shared by large number of audiences on their social media platforms. Whether you are opting for email campaigning or social media campaigning, you need to generate good content so that people have more access to your business. You just need to keep in mind about the target audience. Your content should have meaningful keywords so that your SEO is more effective.
These were the main types of digital marketing and you can opt for any of them depending on your business idea. Don’t just rush into using all of these strategies and spending a lot money for the marketing campaign. You can start planning by selecting one of the strategies and then you can gradually engaged audience. The marketing campaigns totally depend on your business idea. The more innovation you will have in your marketing, the more coverage you will get by the people on large scale.
Social Media and Digital Marketing in Pakistan – Statistics (2018)
Let’s have a look over the statistics of social media and digital marketing in Pakistan so that you can plan your digital marketing strategies accordingly.
Pakistan has a population of 198.9 Million according to the statistics of 2018. Out of this huge population, we have 47.5 Million Internet users in the country. Out of these Internet users, we have 44.6 Mobile Internet users, 35 Million active social media users, 32 million Monthly active Facebook users, 3.5 Million active twitter users and 5.20 Million active Instagram users. The following picture is taken from google just to provide a clear view of the statistics.
Digital Marketing mostly depends on social media including Facebook, twitter and Instagram. A part from this, it also depends on SEO, banners, websites, emails and mobiles etc. These digital marketing tools are used in an effective way in order to involve large audiences. For the past three years, digital media advertising is growing in Pakistan with the rate of 80%/ annum. This was informed by Adil Ahmed COO- The Symmetry and Director Octave.
Digital Media Marketing – Agencies
In Pakistan, different digital agencies are working with different marketing strategies in order to rank up the businesses. The startups companies in Pakistan work with digital marketing agencies in order to provide aid to their company. These agencies provide different solutions and efficient marketing strategies. You cannot view digital marketing as a standalone service. In fact it is a package of services that offers marketing strategies. Companies invest a lot of money for marketing and these agencies should ensure a valuable outcome for their strategies.
Digital marketing agencies are playing their role not only on international levels but here in Pakistan there are a lot of startups that have started working in this domain. Businesses purchase these services from the agencies for the promotion of their brands. In this era, when people are spending more time on internet, these agencies take advantage of this by converting it into an effective strategy.
Digital marketing industry has become competitive yet these agencies hire the best marketing experts in order to make a strong team. Some of the best digital marketing agencies in Pakistan according to 10SEOS are following:
- Over the Top SEO
- Saffron Edge
- SEO Empire
- Green Lotus
- SEO Sherpa
- Bowler Hat
- SEO Power Solutions
- Coalition Technologies
These companies have been ranked top because they are providing the latest digital marketing techniques. Every company in this list is unique and it provides their own techniques and services. Some other companies are also in the race and they are striving hard to join the top 10 club.
Digital Marketing – The Growth
Pakistan has made so much progress in digital marketing domain. Our country is on the path of converting the marketing strategies completely into digital world. Today, millions of people in Pakistan are active mobile and Internet users. They have access to almost everything. That’s why a lot of businesses are coming online. The key role has been played by social media that has become huge in Pakistan.
In 2017, it came as a surprise when more than 0.8 million job opportunities were offered in the domain of digital marketing. This figure has been increased in in 2018. People are getting aware of the fact that digital advertising will soon take over the industry in upcoming years. Many graduates are working on their startups and introducing latest techniques in this domain. Gradually, digital media is becoming stronger in Pakistan. The revolution of social media has made it a lot easier and it has opened so many ways and opportunities for the people who want to work for this domain.
Not only Pakistan, the world will keep marching towards digital marketing because this is the need of all businesses in this era of modern technology. Since the world has shifted toward mobile and internet, that has opened a lot of doors for marketers to promote their brands all over the world.
In Pakistan, there are a lot of success stories that were the result of innovative marketing campaigns. For example, Pepsi allocated many celebrities in their promotional campaigns. Similarly, Zong’s promotional campaign is an impressive one as well. The hashtag ‘Sub keh do’ was trending on twitter. It has become so easy because a single hashtag can bring your brand on trending on social media. All you need is creative ideas to engaged people from all over the world.